The only thing I love more than stuff is words.
I'm 20 and I go to school in the mountains where I have to ride moose and fight bears to get to class.
I am an awkward penguin.
Never EVER feel like you need to follow me back. Seriously, it's okay. I won't be offended.
"why dont you just give him a chance"
idk because im not physically or mentally attracted to him and ‘but he likes you’ or ‘but hes really nice’ isnt going to change the fact that im not interested
au where athelstan is an art student who lives above a cute little business that gets turned into a tattoo shop when ragnar and his crew buys it
Fashion Series - Shieldmaiden
The women of this country learned long ago, those without swords can still die upon them. I fear neither death nor pain.
caterpillars have more muscles than humans but i’d like to see one try to fight me irl and see what happens
Close-ups of butterfly wing scales! You should definitely click on these images to get the full detail.
I’ve paired each amazing close-up (by macro photographer Linden Gledhill) with an image of the corresponding butterfly or moth. The featured lepidoptera* are (in order of appearance):
- Madagascar diadem Hypolimnas dexithea (photo by Michel-Georges Bernard)
- Comet moth Argema mittrei (photo by Axel Strauß)
- Sunset moth Chrysiridia rhipheus (photo from Wikimedia Commons)
- Giant Blue Morpho Morpho didius (photo by Didier Descouens, Muséum de Toulouse)
- Rippon’s Birdwing Troides hypolitus (photo by Robert Nash, Ulster Museum)
*Lepidoptera (the scientific order that includes moths and butterflies) means “scaly wing.” The scales get their color not from pigment - but from microscopic structures that manipulate light.